Karen Wojcik Berner, author of A Whisper to a Scream awarded me a Stylish Blogger Award, making it the first time anyone has ever called me stylish. Thanks, Karen!
For this award, I have to share seven things about myself, so here goes:
1) I went skydiving once when I was in my early 20s. I was never so terrified in my life. Once the chute opened, it was incredible. The view was fantastic and I loved the sensation of floating down to earth. As I got closer to the ground, I felt like I was dropping way too fast and became terrified all over again. (Just for the record, you hit the ground a lot harder than you'd think.)
2) Unlike a lot of women, I hate shopping. If I could order everything online, I would.
3) Speaking of things I hate--talking on the phone, what's the deal with that? Phones are great for conveying messages, or speaking with people who live out of state, but other than that, I could skip phone calls completely.
4) I didn't know asparagus was good until I was in my 30s.
5) I've lived in Wisconsin my entire life and I don't mind saying so, even though it makes me sound like a rube.
6) I sometimes wash and reuse ziplock bags.
7) I'm not a very good cook, but I do like to bake. My apple pies are legend.