Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tap. Tap. Tap. Is this thing on?

Who is the worst blogger in the world?

Why, I believe that may be me.

Would it help if I said I was busy with the holidays and finishing a book, and then I had house guests, and three different family birthdays all in the month of January? Probably not. Pearl from Pearl, Why You Little... is busy too and yet she manages to blog EVERY SINGLE DAY. Making the rest of us look bad.

Anyway, I'm back now, and just to ease my way in, I'll keep this short and sweet.

My novel, Wanderlust, book two in the Edgewood series is finished and in the process of being edited. February 15th is the tentative release date. I've gotten numerous emails, Facebook comments, and Goodreads PMs from readers who are looking forward to the second book in the series. To everyone who's contacted me, please know that I loved hearing from you. There's something indescribably wonderful about writing a book with the knowledge that people are eager to read it.

In other news, Jess Riley, fellow author and Wisconsinite (read her book All the Lonely People, if you haven't already), is featuring an interview with me on her site. For the next few days you can leave a comment on her blog to enter a drawing for a free copy of Edgewood. So do that, because why not? Free and easy.

Meanwhile, Heather, from Heather's Book Reviews, did a vlog review of Edgewood, and had great things to say about it.

Also, the site, My Seryniti, featured it as a promo!

And the reviews for Edgewood on Amazon and Goodreads have been overwhelmingly positive, which makes me happy. Hopefully Wanderlust will get the same response.

Later,

Karen

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Welcome back! Alli and I are soooo excited for Wanderlust. Do you have a cover yet? Your covers are always great. :)

Karen McQuestion said...

Hello Tiffany! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I don't have a cover yet, but when I do I'll post it.

Bill B said...

I'm sorry, Karen, but you don't qualify for the worst blogger in the world. Well, OK, maybe you qualify, but you're not very close to the top spot. Frankly, I smile to myself when I see how folks I like (yeah, even "virtually" -- you really do exist, right?) are spending more time living than blogging about it! Seems like the most fascinating bloggers (IMHO) post sporadically in between various experiences. Hmmm, I suppose you could extrapolate & say that people who don't write about their lives at all are totally engaged in living ... or maybe not doing much living at all!

Anyway, I like reading about what you're doing along the way, and I appreciate your valuable advice (seriously), but I'm glad you spend the bulk of your time writing books and living!

Bill B said...

Dang it, I forgot to add --> ツ

Karen McQuestion said...

I'm glad you added your signature sideways smiley, Bill! Now I know for sure it's you and not some Bill B. poser.

And thanks for taking my lack of blogging and putting a positive spin on it. Much appreciated! You're a good man to know, even if it's just virtually.